In addition to the Immune basics of …
- Getting Adjusted
- Eating well, sleeping well, exercising
- Supplementation with NAC, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, and Zinc …
I always has the ingredients for these two things on hand: Bone Broth (actually I always have some frozen ready to use!) and Cold Buster Tea. Take a peek below to see these two recipies:
Cold Buster Tea (from my friend Sara Bradford)
- 2-3 inches of fresh garlic sliced or grated
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1-2 tsp of turmeric (OR 2 inches fresh)
- 10 whole cloves
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 3 cups fresh water
- juice of 1 whole lemon
- 1TBsp raw honey
- Stick the ginger, spice, and fresh water in a pot. Bring to a boil and simmer for quite a long time (at least 15-20min). It’ll make almost a concentrate.
- Strain out the spices and pour back into the pot (or strain right into your mug).
- When you’re ready to drink, add the lemon juice and raw honey (add water/reheat as necessary).
- You may make this concentrate, place it in your fridge and hot water, lemon juice, and honey to it when you need it.
Thanks again to Sara for this gem!
Pop the following into a crock pot:
- Chicken carcass
- Chopped carrots
- Chopped celery
- Chopped onions
- Bay leaf
- Glug of apple cider vinegar
- Cover with water.
- Place on high until bubbling.
- Lower heat to low and let cook for 12-24 hours. I usually go for 24!
TIPS: I keep a bag in the freezer of carrots the kids not eaten at school, carrot peels, ends of celery, bit of onion for when a recipe doesn’t call for a whole onion. I have frozen carcasses from when we have roasted or BBQ’d a whole chicken. Then its handy for when I want to bust out the crock pot for broth! I store my broth in 1, 2, and 4 cup mason jars as well as baby food freezer containers so they can be popped into recipies in any quantity. I try to use them in as much as I can to bolster our health throughout the year!
These are easy things to have handy in the kitchen and bust out when you want to stay ahead or get back on track when your immune system has been working overtime!