I talk a lot about adding protein to your diet in the office. I KNOW its not always easy, but it is always worthwhile to focus on protein at every meal or snack. Aside from meal planning and lots of prep, many of you have asked about my protein hacks for my family.
#1 Bone Broth Protein Hot Chocolate
The first is a practice I started this fall. I needed to get more protein in AND I needed a quick way to add fuel before my morning coffee (I LOVE my coffee in the calm and quiet of the morning). So it has to be quick and worth it. I started with warming bone broth (chicken or beef – I make both on the regular, check out the chicken broth recipe here), and I was adding some Blume hot chocolate powder. It was ok (No Starbucks, but passable), and then realized I wanted to add protein. I don’t do whey and prefer not to use a vegan protein. I finally found Equip Prime Protein, which is pure grass fed beef. Its so chocolate-y that I barely taste the brothy flavor! So I get 21g of protein AND all of the collagen and nutrients in the protein plus my own bone broth. This fuels me for hours.
- 1/4c -1/2c bone broth (if mine is really gelatinous, I will add water, and just do the 1/4 cup), heated in a pot.
- 1/2 cup water and mix 1 scoop of the protein in very well.
- Once mixed, add the heated bone broth. (Hot tip: I sometimes add some Peppermint Essential Oil! Yum!)
#2 Protein Balls
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cashew or peanut butter
- 1 scoop Prime Protein Chocolate (Original recipe was Vanilla)
- 2 TBsp Coconut Oil
- 1 TBsp Maple Syrup (original called for 2 TBsp – but we get by with less)
- 2 TBsp chocolate chips (originally called for 1/4 cup)
- Mix to form balls and then refrigerate. ENJOY! (P.S. Make a double batch – mine never last long!! As you can see in the pic, my kiddos help me make the protein balls they devour too!)
I cannot carry this protein in the office (or I’d have it for you), so I agreed to be an affiliate as I can stand 100% it and support it for my family!
Use this link and you can get 15% your first order! I hope you love it like I do and if you use it let me know!
If you try these with your existing proteins, let me know how it goes!